Skip to main content

What do you think?

Annyeonghaseyo,

That means hello in Korea. Hey, you just learned something, how great is that? (that's if you didn't know it already). I am actually planning on greeting you guys in various languages and learn some myself because this is fun.

I feel like writing your first post after the "welcome to my blog post" is much more stressing but here we are. So, since college isn't starting for another month, I can't post any notes yet. However, I am currently in my last semester and I have learned a lot of interesting things during these past few years in college which I would love to share with you guys.

Last semester, I had one course called "Humanities" and I remember there was this one class where the teacher asked a few interesting questions.

I remember 2 questions that got me into deep thinking.

1) Is lying a bad thing in every situation?

What if you are lying because you don't want to hurt someone?
What if you lie to surprise someone later?
What if you lie to save someone's life?

2) Not helping someone when you know they need help is bad. But what if that person is not a good person?

What if the person who needs help is your enemy?
What if the person who needs help is not a good person?

These are the kind of things that I learned in that class and was amazed because I had to look at life in a different way. It really made me think and have deep thoughts.

I would really like to know what are your thoughts on this.
















Comments

  1. That's a tough question. I think that regardless if they're bad or good if they need help, help them. There have been countless of times where people didn't help me when my hands were full with my toddler and food tray--some of the trash fell down. I know I shouldn't expect someone to help me pick it up but at the same time, if I see someone struggling I would help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing. I feel like everyone has different opinions and the fact that you would help someone out even though no one helped you is amazing. I am sorry that no one was there to help you at that time. Thank you so much for sharing your thought on this. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow. Those are pretty deep questions. I don't think that lying is bad in every situation. If it's coming from a good place to protect someone or spare their feelings, I think it might be OK. It's really dependent on the situation. I also think helping someone is more a reflection on you than on the person you help, so it shouldn't really matter if they are good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa yeah! I was amazed by these questions when I had that class. Yeah I guess it depends on the situation. Wow, that's awesome. So you would think more about how an action reflects on you rather than the person itself whether they are good or bad. That's interesting! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh interesting. I don't think there is a person alive that can say they have never lied to someone. I don't see it as a total bad thing - sometimes you really are doing it to help someone, or not hurt their feelings. It's kind of like those white lies.
    As for helping someone who is a bad person - If I could help someone, no matter what, I'd feel bad if I didn't do what I could....so I would. It's kind of like doctors; they have to help everyone, no matter what, even if they know they are in a gang or a murderer, etc.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. Ouh I like the doctor example because it is a doctor's job to help anyone. Responsibility jumps in with morals now haha :) This is very interesting Lauren. It is great that you would want to help anyone regardless their situation. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. These are interesting questions and there are obviously circumstances that require creative answers, some might call those lies. I will lie only to protect someone's physical safety or health. To me any of those "little white lies" that we tell people about how they look or act are often detrimental to the person. I like the honest approach, best. The only way to turn an enemy into a friend is to extend the hand of friendship. If the enemy continually bites off that hand and it poses a physical threat to you or others it is best to not extend that hand of help. Perhaps there are ways to help the person without endangering yourself, then fine, be creative and come up with a solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very interesting Tracy. I love your way of thinking things. Your approach is very thoughtful and I got to agree with you on the helping the enemy situation. Thank you so much for your thoughts. I truly appreciate you sharing them with us :D

      Delete

Post a Comment